Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day 61--Without WIFI

I stand in complete awe that we have done what we have done these past 2 months without WiFI. Ron taught the second half of his course, once the Rome students were repatriated, off of his cell phone! He was forbidden to go to his office on campus and use the WIFI there! 5 of our 6 kids have on-line courses that they are constantly unable to get onto or being dropped off of, and have to re-enter. I am taking a course at the Angelicum, and the last class period on Google Meet was me sitting in front of my screen, straining to capture the words of the instructor and losing the end of most sentences. So frustrating! The tasks of running our lives all from our little devices that barely connect to the outside world is really mind-boggling. I am grateful we have managed as well as we have, given the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment