Saturday, February 13, 2021

Roman Pizza

 Kathryn : Since you are gifted at making authentic Roman pizza, can you tell me if this recipe looks okay? 

Alessandra: Well, I suggest you use fresh yeast, not the dried granules. 

Kathryn: What is that and where do you find it? 

Alessandra: [Sends photos of fresh yeast packaging]

After a trip around the grocery store with a store employee, I found fresh yeast in the refrigerated section. My daughter-chef Annie and I googled the conversion rate (triple the amount if it is fresh rather than dried). Annie made the dough and then we left it to rise in the fridge for 2 days. It was as soft as butter when we took it out of the bowl! Sebastian did the rolling and Annie and I did the toppings. Truly delicious. 

Alessandra Morello works in the business office at the University of Dallas. She is the beautiful mother of two adorable boys. 

Thank you Ale! 





No comments:

Post a Comment