Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 32--Peaceful Weekend

   Saturday night, the kids threw a house party on the second floor, blasting music and dancing, and even Annie was included. Ron and I took a stroll through the vineyard and noticed the stars and sky. We stood at the street and stared at the empty street--I counted to 122 between the passing of one car to the next. Incredible. But it is an amazing chance to stop and let other things come into focus.
    Sunday morning, I put Sebastian in the bathtub while Annie and I did our nails and hair. We got dressed up for "church" which was streaming the Mass from Dallas on our screen. Palm Sunday has never been so surreal--I've never sat through the Passion Gospel Narrative before.
    I spent time reading a book outside while Ron played guitar. It was a lovely, lazy afternoon. I had a nice talk with Leah and I also finished filming my video podcast series, "Restoring Peace" that will be blasted over the next month for Mighty Is Her Call. I made roasted lamb and red potatoes and remembered the thank God for a few of His choicest blessings in my life. I pray for those most in need, the sick, the dying, the hungry and homeless, the infirmed, the lonely, the elderly who are so scared right now. May the Lord grant us mercy and restore us to health.
   Here is a view of the sunset from our house. Thank you, Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment