Sunday, June 11, 2023

Angelicum

By a stroke of amazing grace, I have actually completed more than two full years of the STB program in theology at the Angelicum. I just finished my courses on the Old Testament Prophets and Christian Worship (which was a class mainly on liturgy). It has taken me 4 years to take these two years of classes. 

I remember several years ago, Ron showing me the full roster of classes I would need to take to get the degree. I cried and said it would be impossible. In fact, it still seems impossible to me! Nine courses per semester for three years, plus two years of philosophy (which I already had), plus comps and a thesis. How would that be imaginable for a mother of 6 who also teaches philosophy at times and who contributes to a nonprofit ministry for mothers? Not to mention the life challenges of living abroad plus all the other hurdles and opportunities life presents. 

Yet here I am, one year away from finishing. It will not happen next year, as I have agreed teach philosophy next year. But then the following year, God willing, the STB awaits. 

I pray in immense gratitude to God and to my husband and children for all they have done to make this incredible opportunity possible. A pontifical degree in theology! Astonishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment