Saturday, May 14, 2022

Last Day in Frascati

Any move can be emotional. Our move away from our home of three years in Frascati was no exception. It was a cozy little nest where our family retreated and many good things happened here. 
  • We decompressed from a fast-paced, hectic life in Dallas
  • We learned to accept living in tiny quarters and not "need" nearly so much of anything
  • We learned how to cook for 8 in a kitchen made for 2
  • We learned to be together in a whole new way 
In this house:
  • Our family survived an international move and got acclimated to Italian schools, civic life and culture
  • I wrote my book, got it published, and began promoting it
  • I started a theology program at the Angelicum
  • I learned how to live peaceably with neighbors and just let go of almost everything I did not like about the arrangement
On our last night, Ron and I went on a date to one of our favorite restaurants associated with a vineyard. We celebrated all the things that have gone well, and how blessed our time in Frascati has been. These are quick photos I snapped as we returned home. Oh, how I will miss this little place!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment