Monday, January 24, 2022

It will end soon

 How much longer will he dress up? 


Here he is donning a ninja shoulder piece, a priest's stole, protective lenses for the nerf gun, and a helmet that might just be the detachable hoodie from his winter coat. I'v never seen this particular configuration and will likely never see it again. His costume ensembles are always variations on a theme. One thing I know for sure, however: my older children DO NOT DRESS UP ANY MORE. After years and years of almost daily masquerades in cowboy and knight costumes, ballgowns and fairy costumes, not one of my older girls or boys dresses up in costumes any longer. It seems certain that THIS WILL END. How unbearably sad! 

Sebastian is eating double what he used to eat. Every dinner he eats two plates of food instead of one. Today, right now in fact, I am testing our family on the major question: "How much macaroni and cheese is too much?" I am making 2 kilos of pasta with a homemade cheese sauce (no Kraft over here!). IS 2 kilos too much? It looks like so much that I think it myself, "I must have overshot." But this weekend I brought home about 5 kilos of fruit and it was ALL GONE the next day. The point is that Sebastian is tearing through food like a termite in a forest and I bet he is about to shoot up in size. Will that have an impact on his growing up and out of playful games and dress up? I can see this chapter soon coming to a close!

No comments:

Post a Comment