Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Metaphysics of Motherhood

It was a joy and a privilege to speak to a packed house at the University of Dallas about motherhood. We covered the metaphysics of motherhood so as to disclose its full dignity. My thesis is that choosing to prioritize motherhood is not a merely "traditional" or old-fashioned thing to do. In the light of the 2 World Wars and the personalism that ensued, a life of love is one answer offered by philosophers and theologians as to how to be genuinely happy and how to combat the evils of our time. Choosing motherhood as one's life ambition can be this very choice for a life of love, I argue, and hence can be a forward-thinking vocation attuned to the issues of our day.  

I was so grateful for the warm reception that the students at the University of Dallas extended to me. How I love this university! 

Many thanks to Dave Palmer as well for having me on Guadalupe Radio and conversing with him about motherhood in today's cultural setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment