Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Movie Recommendation

Annie (age 11) and I just watched Quo Vadis. Oh my goodness, this is such a great movie. It is about Nero, his tyrannical regime, the burning of Rome, and the persecution of Christians. Annie's take-away was that Christianity made a HUGE improvement on paganism, Christianity helped women in establishing their rightful dignity, that government officials have a duty to uphold the public good and do not have the freedom to put their own good over that of the people, and that Christians have something truly remarkable in their spirit of love, forgiveness and pacifism. It was rather violent for an 11 year old, and that is the youngest age I think it is suitable for. That said, all the older people in my family benefit from seeing it. 

Quo Vadis is available for rent on Apple TV. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment