Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Laughter

"We were like those who dream.  Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy.  Then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them" (Psalm 126:2).
    One day, it will all be like a dream.
    Today, my baby has a fever.  Our water was cut off.  My daughter is failing math.  My other daughter is still picking her nose. :)  Even our dog is throwing up!
    This life is hard.  The maternal vocation, especially one that is constantly open to new life, so that there is no definitive end in sight, is a true cross.  It is a labor of love.  But isn't that a bit like Christ, who gave his whole life as a sign of love for us?  I, too, am giving my whole life for my family.
    I have hope.  I am happy.  I can laugh.  I know that, one day, those of us who share in the cross will, too, share in the resurrection.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment