Saturday, May 6, 2017

Frustrating Moments

    Today I almost despaired. . . another temper tantrum!  At two and a half, Sebastian threw himself to the ground when I told him he was not allowed to have a cookie.  Ugh!  My patience for his screaming and whining is thin.
    What I am clinging to, as my mood boost, is that it matters.  It matters how I handle it.
    Mary the Mother of God gave her "Fiat," her "Yes, let it be done to me according to your word."  I too, can say, "Yes," and give myself to this frustrating moment.  I can stop what I had been doing, bend down and look at Sebastian.  I can help him calm down, and then make a deal with him.  With enough attention, I know I can do it.  It just takes creativity and coaxing.  The truth is that I just don't want to.  I'm too tired.  I'm too impatient.
     My prayer today is that, when I have such challenges and frustrations, I will give my "Yes."  I pray that I will be graced with the humility to set aside my other desires, and focus on my child.
     In so doing, I pray that I will be blessed with the grace granted to Mary.  I pray that God will take this small offering, and use it for His glory.
     God, give me grace!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment