Sunday, May 18, 2014

Graduations Galore!

    Ron went to graduation at UD.  His semester will be over when he turns in his grades.
    The kids and I completed our school year on Friday, ending with the May Crowning for the Homeschooling Families of the Sacred Heart.
     And Ron bought me a graduation present--we keep talking about the baby's upcoming birth as my "graduation" from child-bearing.  He got me my gift early!  It was a real mood-mender: a car!
     It was the most lavish, impractical thing he could have done!  Before we were expecting, I had kept joking about how I would like to one day get a small car, like a Mini Cooper or some such car, just for me.  Then we found out our sixth child was on the way--so long, car!
     Well, the pregnancy has been very, very hard, both physically (so tired! so nauseous!) and psychologically (really, really hard to not be able to move forward with some of the things I had been wanting to do outside of child-bearing, rearing and education).  It felt like a real "Sacrifice of Isaac."  I cried A LOT.
    Then, lo and behold, Ron shows up with a CAR!  It spoke volumes.  I love my husband.  He is so incredibly loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment