Monday, March 4, 2013

Granny Ruth

     Yesterday was Granny Ruth's birthday.  Ron, the kids and I went to her grave site and prayed and expressed our love for her.

     I said to Ron, "She sure did make an impact on me: the safety of being around her, her opulent way of being a grandmother, lavishing me with fun--I can't believe that is all gone.  There is such a hole in my life, and I still miss her presence." 

     Ron replied, "Think of how powerful love is: she did nothing grand for you--she just loved you the best she could.  It was enough to get all 7 of us out here, almost 15 years later."  That was an interesting insight--how we measure success and greatness is so confounding!  

     I love you, Granny Ruth!  Thank you, thank you, for teaching me love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment