Saturday, March 2, 2013

Empty and Full

     I am meditating daily on the cross, asking God to let my ego and will be crucified with Christ.  
     As I am being emptied out of my ego, my vanity, my cares and concerns about me, what will replace it?  Just emptiness?  No, not for the Christian!
     "Be filled with the Holy Spirit, as you sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves. . . giving thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of out Lord Jesus Christ," (Eph. 5:20).
     We are to be filled with the Holy Spirit!  And how?  One way is to be filled with thanks--one of His marks.  
    Giving thanks ALWAYS!  This is repeated all through the New Testament (Phil. 4:6, Col. 3:17, 1 Thes. 5:16).  
     What is supposed to be all-consuming for us?  Ourselves?  Our wishes?  Our plans?  No!  Thanksgiving to God, in the name of Christ.  I am hoping to trade out being "full of myself" with being "full of the Holy Spirit" and "full of thanks."
    Being thankful is a way of being loving.  Love is the main goal!   

No comments:

Post a Comment