Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Holy Spirit Coming Down

     Pentecost is the Holy Spirit coming down upon a person and into their heart, mind and spirit.
    I was blessed to witness the Holy Spirit come down upon my dear friend, Samantha.  How blessed I am to be her sponsor!

     What could matter more than that a person be in a right relationship with God?
     What could matter more than that a person be able to hear the whisper of God in the quiet of their heart?


     As the Bishop said, God whispers, "[Your name], I love you.  You are mine.  Your name is written on my heart.  I will never let you go.  I am your shepherd.  If you wander, I will search for you and find you, wrap you around my neck, and carry you home."  


     God is merciful, God is gentle, God is steadfast in His love.  
     Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment