Friday, March 31, 2023

My Angelicum Friends

 One of the best aspects of studying theology at the Angelicum is getting to know my classmates. They are seminarians, nuns, monks, religious and laity from all over the world. Sr. Marie Linn, Sr. Lucy, and Sr. Therese are from a congregation in Vietnam. These women are the chosen few who get to go to Rome to study. They will return and teach a generation of sisters, teachers and formation instructors back home. 

Another group I love are the Brothers of Divine Charity. They serve the poorest of the poor around the world. Josamir was my first friend from this group. We sat next to each other in our course on Grace among others and got through a year of studies together. Now I am friends with his confreres Etienne and Gilbert (both from French-speaking Africa), Francisco and now Jorge. They have invited my family to a play they are putting on in a couple of weeks. The cast includes monks as well as the homeless people they serve. I love it! 

Simon is one of the most joyful people I've ever met. Regan is humble and kind. All in all, I am a much better person for having met these saints-in-the-making, They are all people who have dedicated their lives to God in the most radical way they knew how. I am blessed by their witness, the intensity of their faith, their courage and perseverance. I aspire to be as holy as they some day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment