Sunday, January 29, 2023

Laughing

I can only laugh! Ron came home after a trip with the program this weekend to Subaico, Assisi and Orvieto. I explained to him my intense sadness about the Old Testament course--that it is over. He grasped my hand and impulsively declared: "Why not just go start with Hebrew as soon as you can?!"

I laughed out loud. I am still laughing. Ron is SUCH A DREAM COME TRUE. What a husband. How blessed I am! How does he know me so well, love me so well, live life so well? It would be absurd to start a study of Hebrew with all the stuff I've got going on. . . but why not? In all these years, I have never had such an intense encounter with God. I just LOVE the Scriptures. I love them especially in the original language. . .  which I do not know. So, why not seek God where I can find Him? 

I love my family and want to spend my time with them. With any other time, why not study Scripture? It's not what I have planned. I have lots of things planned, from creating a pilgrimage for Catholic mothers to Italy (seeing the religious sites through the eyes of motherhood), to teaching philosophy (which I ADORE), to finishing the current degree I am only one year from finishing (no small feat), to becoming more proficient in Italian (parli italiano?). But why not study Hebrew? Goodness, I am blessed.  

I LOVE THIS MAN!

Ron whizzes around Rome on his Triumph

He gives a bad-ass site lecture in Corinth, Greece


He created the "Thomas Aquinas Day" for the Rome program, taking us to Roccasecca (Aquinas' birthplace), Monte Cassino (where he was educated as a boy) and Fossanova (place of Aquinas' death)

Cooler than cool. How I love Ronnie Rombs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment