Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Italian Consulate

     Ron and I drove to Houston and spent a day in the Italian consulate office. We had our applications for visas for all eight of us. Each application was thick and had taken weeks to compile--six months all together. It takes a lot to move a family of eight to Italy!
    After being given the run around and hazed (as the consulate is famous for doing), the staff accepted our applications. One of them even said as she was combing through the kids' applications with their photos attached, "I bet you have fun with your family."
   Damn straight, we do! In the most unlikely of places, a woman said my life's mission statement in one sentence. I love my family. Wherever we live, wherever we are next year, I am grateful that we will be together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment