Monday, April 16, 2018

Maximizing Their Intelligence

    My oldest child got the best homeschool experience with me.  Then he went on to an excellent private school, and is thriving there.  He had close to a 4.0, and now is struggling a bit lower than that. . . only because every ounce of his brain power is being used and stretched.
   My next two children got good homeschool experiences, and are now in a school that is good for their spiritual, personal, as well as intellectual development.
   But the next two children are under-challenged.  They have very high intellectual capacity, and yet I do not think that capacity is being maximized.
   So, this weekend, I told them: "In addition to school, we are going to do some homeschooling.  I am going to teach you both to write.  You are going to be excellent writers."
   We are having so much fun already.  I gave both of them a stack of books.  We are going to do written narrations based on them.  The younger of the two has already written a three page report based on her first book.  I am very excited.
    I am completely determined to maximize each child's intellectual capacity.  I started strong with the oldest children.  I am going to finish strong.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment