Monday, December 18, 2017

I'm on a mission

     I am on a mission.  It's a motherly mission.  I am on a mission to be a vital part of the kingdom of God through my vocation as a mother, to see my six children get to heaven, and to help them find their ways of flourishing in God's kingdom.     
    Today, my oldest son and I are driving to Christ in the Desert Monastery in Abiquiu, New Mexico. We are going to be with the Benedictines who live a radical faith--prayer that begins at 4:30 am, silence, and fasting.  
    I pray that, in the holy presence of this community, sharing for a few days in their life that gets to the root ("radical" means "from the "root") of Christ's life, that I will be purified, strengthened, and emboldened to live out God's dream for me and my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment