Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Running the Race with Perseverance

     Running has become important to me: after eight pregnancies and six live births, it is time for a half marathon! 
     Here is a picture of me running the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day: 8 miles. 
     In two weeks, I am scheduled to run the Hot Chocolate: 9 miles.  
     In a month, I m-i-g-h-t run the Cowtown Half Marathon: 13 miles. 
     Being a mother requires physical achievement: growing them in utero, bringing them into the world, picking them up, rocking them, carrying them, feeding them, and chasing after them.  I consider these activities corporal acts of mercy!  
     I am excited for a new kind of physical achievement, which too signifies spiritual importance:
   "Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith" (Hebrews 12:1).






No comments:

Post a Comment