Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Papa Ronnie

   Happy Birthday, Papa Ronnie!
   Our family LOVES Papa Ronnie.  He is a true blessing to each one of us.
   The day I met him he was on his Texas farm, wearing his cowboy hat, Wranglers and boots.  He was so polite, so quick to get me everything I might want, he was a true gentleman.
    But as soon as Ron and I had children, he took it to a new level.  He played "Hide and Seek" with them around his house.  He would crawl under beds, hide in closets, always helping the littlest one win the game.  He was a child himself, and I've never seen someone have more fun with children.
     Grandparents can be the safest, most delightful people in a child's life.  That is who he is to my kids--my kids have several wonderful grandparents!  Papa Ronnie brings out joy, laughter and playfulness in my kids.  They associate him with some of the funnest times they have ever had--making milkshakes, riding on his back like a horse, playing pranks, watching silly movies, driving a car for the first time on back roads in the country.  He is a true gift.  I am so glad that they have him in their lives.  
     Congratulations on your new marriage!  We are so excited about Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment