Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quote of the Week

"Therefore, let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good."
      1 Peter 4:19

     My sweet sister Kim suggested that we both memorize this verse.  I love it!
     This passage has such huge implications.  When there is suffer about which we can do nothing, about which we cannot resolve, we need to entrust ourselves to God, and then go out and do lots of good things for other people!  We shall NOT feel sorry for ourselves!  We shall instead embrace our cross, because Jesus is on it!  Jesus is there!  And, with Him, go out and act like him, preach like him, live like him.  It is God's will.
    I love passages that remind me to stop feeling sorry for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment