Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A privilege

   Up all night--three hours straight of a fussy baby.  Maybe he is a little sick, as I was sick this weekend.  Maybe he is sore and uncomfortable from all the doctors have done to him.  Maybe he is just--a newborn.
    Then in the daytime, the girls need me to help them go through their new books and make a plan for school this year.  Annie needs attention--her "phase in" of 2 hours of school a day for the first week is making her feel deprived of real school, while the other kids are doing a full day of school.  So Annie is high strung.  Everyone needs so much.  It is hard to attend to it all on, perhaps, 5 hours of sleep?
     But really, it is all a tremendous privilege.  I get to care for this little, tiny guy.  I get to homeschool my girls.  I get to talk about school with Jake when he gets home.  I get to have a house brimming with life and singing and skipping and games and cooking and discussion.  We are having the time of our life.
   I just have to remember that at 4 AM!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment