Thursday, January 9, 2014

An Extraordinary Anniversary!

   Today is Ron's and my fifteenth wedding anniversary--we are so blessed!  It has been a very special anniversary.  Mom and Dad kept our kids while Ron and I had a vacation alone together.  A first, and possibly the last in a long, long time!
    But the even more unbelievable thing is that today was my first appointment with. . . our new midwife!  We are expecting number six.  Ron, the kids and I piled in her office and met the baby, as the technician did the baby's first ultrasound/sonogram.  The baby moved, jumped and wiggled: s/he was practically waving "hello" at the whole group of us!  It was so delightful I burst into tears.
     We found out that I was expecting on the first Sunday of Advent (the season of pregnant mothers).  That was unplanned--just as the whole pregnancy was unplanned.  But just to be double sure before Ron had an appointment at work the next day regarding a possible several year stint in Rome, we thought we'd like to be extra sure about that "variable": the pregnancy variable.
    I yelped when I saw the test result, and Ron said, "Oh my goodness!  It can't be!  It can't be!"  But immediately we were both overjoyed--just stunned, as it was so unexpected.  I was practically menopausal--and our risks were very low--almost non-existent.  So it seemed to us right away, "God must really want this baby!"
     And indeed, ten weeks later, I can say that it seems perfectly right and good that God should see fit to bestow on us such a rich and lavish gift.  Thank you, Lord!    

No comments:

Post a Comment