Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Talents

       Clare is so unique!  So far behind in reading, so peculiar in her questions that lack any and all common sense.  :)
       Her strengths, however, are excellent!
1)  She is fantastic at cursive
2) She is fantastic at baking
3) She is excellent at washing dishes
4) She is fascinated with science--biology
5) She has a tender heart for all animals
6) She loves Bible stories

     Her newest talent, however, appeared today!  I began a Charlotte Mason style grammar book with Mary and Clare.  That means, sitting with them on the couch, reading this book, and discussing it aloud.  They were doing subjects and predicates: filling in missing ones.

    Clare was filling in the most hilarious subjects or predicates!  Mary, Clare and I were laughing to the point of tears.

   "My cousin Kenneth___________" and Clare says, "has a gorilla eye."
   "My cousin Kenneth __________" and Clare says "has spiky hair."
   "The white pony __________" and Clare says "has a big bottom."
   "The poor sailor ___________" and Clare says "broke his deck."

     She was so quick and funny--perhaps she will be a creative writer!

I love my Clare.  I have never had anything be so rewarding as watching her, after a hard start in her first few years, come to life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment