Thursday, May 2, 2013

"I am SO In Charge"

     A work situation for Ron fell apart.  It impacted me.  We were upset.  Then another trial came along.  A third one reared its ugly head, all in one day, and then lasting a week.
     While I did not like any of them, I did not indulge myself in getting "into" the drama of the problem.    I discussed them and did my due diligence, but immediately I had the awareness that God has a plan, and that His plan is very GOOD for me.  So, I got curious: "What good gift for me does God have in these situations?"
     It is such a relief.  It is such a better way to navigate, to be like little children, trusting that there is something really good for us, even in the worst of situations.
     What is this trust founded on?  It only makes sense to me in light of the fact that I am a child of the all good, all powerful God: "See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called the children of God," (1 John 3:1).  
    Glancing up at Him when the first problem hit, He assured me: "I am SO in charge."  That was enough for me.  He does not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment