Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cancer and Being Ready

    Ron topped off his month of having the flu with a colonoscopy.  Sadly, it revealed pre-cancerous tumors.
    His mother having died one year ago almost to the date of his colonoscopy from colon cancer, it was an emotional find.  We both really took a hit.
    But in a way, her losing her life will likely save his--early detection is the key.  So there is not much to be worried about in the long run, God willing.  But it is still sad in its own way.

   A month ago, I had a prayer time in which I felt like God was saying, "Are you ready?"  That usually means ". . . ready for a crisis."  I do not know why He is so good to me, to often give me a little "heads up."  He does it almost every time I am about to have a problem--it is really, really gentle and kind of Him!!  I told Him I was more than ready.  I clung onto the Cross like it was a lifesaver.

   I do not know if this is the crisis He meant.  But the image came to me again in Mass on Sunday.  I was hanging onto the Cross like an inner tube as I was flying through rapids.  I was taken aback by the image.  Then I remembered my prayer from a month ago.

  I love His Cross.  It is my safety, my comfort, and my happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment