Monday, May 14, 2012

Life is such a risk

      It is so hard to know--there are such risks!  Last summer I said, "Okay sure" to lots of things that wound up horrible for me.  This year, I said, "Okay sure," to us all going to Rome and Ron working there for seven weeks.  As the time approached, I thought, "This is such a potential disaster!  Ron working--what am I going to do??  What if the kids are a mess, out of the country--do I have the energy for this??"  And I can assure you that I did NOT have the energy for the move overseas.  That was a real low point--and I will spare you the nasty details.
     But here we are in paradise.  The kids all have playmates, I am alone in a villa and vineyard, watching the sunset and drinking the organic wine made on this very acreage.  I have only been here 24 hours and it is looking VERY GOOD for all 7 of us.
     Imagine--I might have said no to this!
     And yet I did not say no to last summer's schedule!
     You just never know.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! You are already there! I guess I will send your birthday card any way and you will get it when you return! :) Have fun and relax in God's beautiful land there! Take lots of pics for me! p.s.Thanks for the return of the CD player! We had no idea where it was!

    ReplyDelete