Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Patricia and St. Ignatius

     How I love St. Ignatius of Antioch!  An early bishop who was martyred.  On his way in chains from Antioch to Rome where he was to be thrown to the lions, he wrote letters that are so full of faith, they changed the course of Christianity.
     One beautiful line, typical of his writings: "I am God's wheat and shall be ground by the teeth of wild beats so that I may become Christ's pure bread."
    This is very much in keeping of how my dear friend Patricia talks all the time.  She has taught me how to see life's hardships as directly linked to some aspect of Jesus's life.  She has a gift at finding some concrete image that links the event in her life with something pertaining to Christ.
     Who knew that Patricia and St. Ignatius were such close kinsfolk!
     Patricia, in my opinion, is as well equipped to change the course of Christianity.  A true saint!

No comments:

Post a Comment